Protecting your privacy
“Privacy Laws” means laws that deal with the regulation of personal information about individuals, which can be collected by governments and other public as well as private organizations and its storage and use. “Territory” means the applicable country where CCMT has its legal establishment.
Your personal data
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. For the purpose of registration, activation, management and administration of the services (including online services and payment services), and/or facilitating us to assist you in administrating your service accounts through “My Account” or compliance with any laws, rules, guidelines, regulations or requests issued by any applicable courts, regulatory, governmental or other authorities, you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following:
- your full name as registered on your Identity Card or other travel document (as applicable);
- contact details, including name, telephone number, email address, correspondence address, billing address or address proof;
- information for the verification of identity, including date of birth, types of identification documents and identification number, for example: your Identity Card number or passport/travel document number;
- payment details, including credit card, debit card and banking information;
- account details, including account numbers, service numbers, user accounts, login ID, electronic device serial number;
- all data requested by applicable government authorities, courts, law enforcement or other authorities or regulatory bodies to enable CCMT to comply with or in connection with any law, rule, regulation, judgment or court order (whether within or outside of the Territory); and/or
In some instances, you may also be requested to provide, amongst others, the following personal data to us that may be used to further improve our services and/or better tailor the type of information presented to you: (a) Your age; (b) Gender and ethnicity; (c) Country; In most cases, this type of personal data is optional although, where the requested service is a personalised service or provision of a product is dependent on your providing all requested personal data, failure to provide the requested personal data may prevent us from providing that particular service to you. Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by CCMT and will be accessible by our employees and third parties (as applicable) for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise indicated by prior notice to you.
How we use your personal data
We may collect, retain and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to process your application to subscribe to the Services;
- to provide and activate services, which you have subscribed to, including renewing your service contract, charging and billing;
- matching procedures, as defined under the Privacy Law;
- to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- to carry out market and product analysis in order to generate statistical reports which may be shared with external companies for their own use. These reports are aggregated and will not contain any information that identifies you;
- to analyse, verify, enforce contractual rights, and/or check your credit, payment and/or status in relation to supply of goods and services to you;
- to process any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to supply of goods and services to you;
- maintaining and developing our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- to enable us to comply with any obligations to interconnect, with other industry practices, or with obligations to third parties, courts, regulatory or government agencies in relation to the supply of services by CCMT to you; and
- to assist in the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities.
When we disclose your personal data
In order to deliver the services you requested, we may disclose your personal data to organisations outside of CCMT (within or outside of Territory), to the extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations. Your personal data is disclosed to these organisations only for the purpose of assisting us to provide our services to you. In some instances, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal data and that they use your personal data only for the above purposes, and not for their own or other purposes.
The safety of your personal data is important to us
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by us is stored in a secure and safe place and accessed only by our authorised employees or authorised third parties referred to in this Privacy Statement. You should be aware that no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
Retention of your personal data
We will destroy your personal data in accordance with our internal policy. Generally speaking, our policies cover the following principles:
- personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purposes for which it was collected, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable legal, regulatory or contractual obligations; and
- personal data are purged from our electronic, manual and other filing systems based on the above criteria and our internal procedures.
You can access your personal data
You have a right to access your personal data provided that the requested personal data is in a form in which our access to or processing of is reasonably practicable. If you are a user of My Account, you may, by logging into your My Account, exercise your right of access by viewing your personal data held by us and your right of correction by editing your personal data on your My Account.
Help us ensure we hold accurate personal data
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal data we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that personal data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. You have a right to request correction of your personal data and we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal data; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal data such as your name or address.
How to contact us
All enquiries regarding CCMT’s compliance with its obligations under the applicable Privacy Law of the Territory and any request for access to or correction of personal data should be made in writing to: This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time and all handling of personal data will be governed by the most recent version of this Privacy Statement, available on our website. You should view these Terms periodically for recent version.